iMocha's Kotlin online test is the ideal pre-hire test for recruiters and hiring managers to assess candidates objectively. It enables hiring managers to evaluate candidates' expertise for job roles like Android Kotlin Developer, Android Developer- Kotlin, Java Developer, and Mobile Developer. Additionally, using the Kotlin developer test recruiters can increase the interview-to-selection ratio by 62%.
Kotlin is a programming language introduced by JetBrains, the official designer of the most intelligent Java IDE, named IntelliJ IDEA. Kotlin is a cross-platform, statically typed, general-purpose programming language with type inference. Apart from Java, the most strongly supported JVM language in the Android ecosystem is Kotlin. It is designed to interoperate fully with the Java platform, and the JVM version of its standard library mainly depends on the Java Class Library. Kotlin also uses libraries for Android and browsers.
Online Kotlin developer assessment on Kotlin 1.3 M2 helps recruiters and hiring managers to assess candidates’ Kotlin programming skills.
Why use iMocha’s Kotlin test?
This Kotlin test helps employers in many ways, including hiring a job-fit candidate quickly, making unbiased employee performance appraisal decisions, and reducing hassle in mass recruitment. Additionally, using this online test you can reduce your hiring efforts by up to 40%.
#1 Identifying job-fit candidates based on job roles
iMocha enables you to create customized Kotlin developer tests for any given job role. Using this capability, you can choose questions from various skill types, including functional, technical, and soft skills. For example, with our customized Kotlin assessment, you can evaluate candidates’ knowledge of Logical Operations, Access Modifiers, Design Principles, Analytical Thinking, and more to hire the best individuals for the job.
#2 Skill-gap analysis of your employees
Using this feature, you can measure employees' skill competency through Kotlin training assessments. It determines the current skill level and identifies the areas for growth. It also measures the knowledge and impact of the training and traces individual employees’ gained knowledge. For example, you can use our Kotlin training assessments to identify a consultant’s knowledge about MVP, JUnits, Type Casting, Communication, and other skills and perform a skill gap analysis.
The Kotlin developer test helps to identify individuals who have the common attributes:
You can also request us to create a customized test for the latest version of Kotlin.
Recruiters can use intelligent and powerful Test Insights feature such as score distribution and section analysis features to identify job-fit candidates accurately.
Our SMEs can create individualized Kotlin skills tests based on your job role requirements. These assessments are divided into primary and secondary skills, such as a Single view of Lambda Expression, MVVM, Exception in Kotlin, Attention to Detail, and more. Additionally, SMEs can design customized questions according to applicants' experience and difficulty level.
Curious about hiring Kotlin developers for your app development project? Explore this comprehensive guide to secure the best Kotlin developers for your needs.
Some popular Certifications for Kotlin-related job roles are as follows:
• Oracle Certified Professional, Kotlin Developer
• JetBrains Certified Kotlin Developer
• Google Certified Professional Android Developer
• Android Kotlin Developer Certification
• Android Kotlin Fundamentals Certification
• Kotlin Expert Certification
• Kotlin Android Developer Certification
• Kotlin Certified Professional Programmer
• Kotlin Certified Associate Programmer
• Kotlin Programming Language Certification
Some of the common Kotlin interview questions asked for this role are:
• How are variables declared in Kotlin? What are the different types of variables in Kotlin? Explain with examples.
• What are data classes in Kotlin? Explain with a proper example.
• Explain the concept of null safety in Kotlin.
• Explain Safe call, Elvis and Not Null Assertion operator in the context of Kotlin.
• What are the different types of constructors available in Kotlin? Explain them with proper examples.
• How can you concatenate two strings in Kotlin?
• Explain about the “when” keyword in the context of Kotlin.
• What is basic difference between fold and reduce in Kotlin? When to use which?
• Where should I use Var and where Val?
• How is a function declared? Why are Kotlin functions known as top-level functions?
Kotlin Developers are required to perform the following tasks and responsibilities:
• Use the Kotlin programming language to create software apps.
• Create, debug, and support Kotlin apps.
• Refactor and optimize existing code.
• Create and deploy APIs and libraries.
• Investigate and create new features.
• Work with other developers and designers to create something unique.
• Provide technical assistance and troubleshooting.
• Keep up with the latest advancements in the Kotlin programming language.
• Unit tests must be created and maintained.
• Keep an eye on performance and report any problems.
Discover the Kotlin Developer job description to understand roles and responsibilities. Begin attracting top talent today!
You can consider these technical as well as non-technical skills while hiring Kotlin Developers:
• Kotlin programming language
• Android development environment
• Kotlin design patterns
• Experience with Android SDKs, APIs, and other libraries
• Mobile application architectures
• Android Studio development environment
• Debugging Kotlin code
• Type casting
• Lambda expressions
• Access modifiers
• Organizational Skills
• Problem-solving Skills
• Analytical Thinking
• Communication Skills
• Time management Skills
• Attention to Detail
In the United States, the average Kotlin Developer’s salary is $1,30,000 per year. Kotlin Developers’ salaries start at $108,000 per year.