We are seeking to hire an experienced Node.js Developer! As a Node.js Developer, you would be responsible for developing and managing effective, high-performing MVP's back-end web applications using Node.js.
Your primary focus may include creating server-side logic, maintaining a central database, and implementing software solutions to meet the requirement of the clients. You will also be responsible for developing efficient application logic in collaboration with front-end developers, data storage professionals, and project managers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with UX designers, back-end developers, and project managers for various elements.
- Build sustainable codes, repair defects, and provide technical support.
- Perform web-application health checks and resolve software defects.
- Analyze and resolve our applications' performance, usability, and scalability issues.
- Monitor and develop all server-side network components.
- Maintain optimal performance of the central database and responsive to front-end requests.
- Coordinate with front-end developers on the integration of elements.
- Create customer-facing UI and back-end services for the business processes.
- Hands-on experience with security protocols, data protection measures, and storage solutions.
- Perform Node.Js documentation processes, including database schemas, as well as prepare reports.
- Manage low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications.
- Familiarity with Agile development methods.
- Integration of data storage solutions (e.g., SQL Server, MySQL, or NoSQL Database like Couchbase, D-Graph).
Requirements and Skills
- Good understanding of RESTful APIs and microservices.
- Prior knowledge of working with HTML, CSS, and related web technologies.
- Evaluate various software development principles and design patterns, and perform related best practices.
- An analytical problem solver with a good understanding of Node.js and a passion for improvement and teamwork is the right candidate for the job.
- Perform various database technologies tasks (e.g., MySQL and MongoDB)
- Bachelors in Information Technology, computer science, etc.
- Good understanding of web application security and authentication protocols
- Experience with asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Prior knowledge of working with front-end technologies. (e.g., HTML5 and CSS3)
- Good knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Good understanding of web libraries and frameworks such as AngularJS, Polymer, and Closure
- Prior experience working with managing databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) tool
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to build sustainable applications.
- Integration of data storage solutions (e.g., SQL Server, MySQL, or NoSQL Database like Couchbase, D-Graph)
The salary of a Node.js Developer varies depending on the experience, region, and organization. Node.js developer's average salary in the United States is nearly $121,527 per year. In the United Kingdom, Node.js Developer earns almost £60,000 per year, almost close to 6.48 Lakhs in India.
Common Node.js Developer Job Titles
The most common careers in Node.js include the following roles.
- Full-Stack Developer: Responsible to create complete web applications from scratch.
- Back-end developer: Responsible to build workable server-side applications and create APIs, data management systems, and other server-side technologies.
- Front-end developer: In charge of developing and maintaining client-side applications, user interfaces, web pages, and web-based applications.
- DevOps Engineer: Develop automation and collaboration between development and operations teams to create a more efficient software creation process.
- Quality Assurance Engineer: Accountable for testing and ensuring the quality of software applications before they are released to the public.
- Cloud Engineer: Responsible for creating, developing, and maintaining software applications that run on cloud infrastructure.