We are looking for a skilled iOS Developer to become part of our team! Our iOS Developer wears multiple hats on their projects and is responsible for building and managing high-quality iOS mobile applications. Your primary responsibility will be to create iOS applications and integrate them with backend services.
Your responsibilities may involve cooperating with the design team on new application features, detecting and resolving application bottlenecks, maintaining the core code, and updating App Store apps. You should be familiar with iOS frameworks and skilled in Objective-C. You will also need to collaborate with other team members to develop functional and user-friendly mobile applications on time in this capacity.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to identify, create, and release new features.
- Design, create, test, and deploy an iOS application and continue to introduce additional versions of the app.
- Unit tests for edge cases, usability, and overall dependability.
- Work on bug fixes and application performance enhancements.
- Create mobile applications for Apple's iOS platform.
- Verify that the application meets standards in terms of quality and performance.
- Detect possible issues and fix application bottlenecks.
- Fix application bugs before the final release.
- Publish apps to the App Store.
- Discover, analyze, and deploy new technologies on a continuous basis to optimize development efficiency.
- Diagnose problems and work with operational and technical teams to resolve them.
- Enhance overall functionality and user experience, and evaluate the app architecture.
- Share opinions and ideas with teams to develop and offer new features.
- Connect the application to backend technologies like the cloud, APIs, and push alerts.
- Make prototypes and idea proofs obtainable.
- Use encryption tools to safeguard content.
Requirements and Skills
- Expertise in Objective-C or Swift, as well as Cocoa Touch.
- Proficiency with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
- Knowledge of offline storage, threading, and performance optimization.
- Understanding of RESTful APIs for connecting iOS applications to backend services.
- Other web technologies and UI/UX standards knowledge.
- Understanding of Apple's design concepts and user interface guidelines.
- Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries is preferred.
- Tool experience with performance and memory tuning (e.g., Instruments and Shark, depending on project need).
- Knowledge of cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- Benchmarking and optimization expertise.
- Excellent understanding of code versioning tools (e.g., Git, Mercurial, or SVN).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Application, Engineering, or a closely associated discipline.
- A thorough comprehension of the entire mobile development life cycle.
- Knowledge of Apple's design concepts and application interface requirements is required.
- Understanding of C-based libraries.
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D graphics frameworks.
- Knowledge of iOS frameworks.
- Proficiency in benchmarking and modification.
Ace your hiring game with our comprehensive set of iOS Interview Questions. Utilize to gain valuable insights and enhance your preparation to best job-fit candidate for your need.
The salary of an iOS Developer varies depending on the experience, geographical region, and organization. iOS Developer's average salary in the United States is nearly $145,000 per year. In the United Kingdom, iOS Developer earns nearly £55,558 per year, almost close to 15 Lakhs in India.
Common iOS Developer Job Titles
The most common careers in iOS developers include the following roles.
- iOS Engineer: Responsible for developing and maintaining mobile applications for the iOS platform.
- Mobile Application Developer: In charge of designing, coding, and debugging mobile applications for the iOS platform.
- iOS Programmer: This role required programmers to write, test and implement code for iOS applications.
- iOS UX Designer: Responsible for creating user experiences for iOS applications.
- iOS Architect: Develops the architecture and design of iOS applications.
- iOS Tester: In charge of testing the functionality and performance of iOS applications.
- iOS Product Manager: Responsible for managing the design, development, and implementation of iOS applications.
- iOS Developer Support: Accountable for providing technical assistance to iOS developers.
- iOS Developer Evangelist: Promotes and educates the developer community about iOS development.