We are currently seeking for an experienced Cybersecurity Specialist to join our team and protect our organization's data and systems. You will be accountable for identifying potential security risks and taking measures to prevent cyber-attacks. The candidate will be responsible for safeguarding the software development process. They must do their best to protect networks from outside threats like crackers and hackers that desire access for nefarious motives.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Monitor computer networks and systems for security threats.
- Conduct vulnerability assessments and penetration testing
- Create and implement security protocols and procedures.
- Conduct investigations of security breaches and incidents, as well as provide incident response
- Create and maintain security configurations for firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and antivirus software
- Stay abreast of the most recent security technologies, trends and threats
- Collaboration with other IT staff and departments to maintain the organization's security posture
- Education employees on security best practices and policies
Skills and Requirements
- Demonstrated expertise in information security principles and best practices
- Expertise in security frameworks such as NIST, ISO, and CIS Controls
- Experience with vulnerability assessments and penetration testing
- Knowledge of network security technologies and tools such as firewalls, VPNs, and IDS/IPS systems is beneficial
- Experience with security incident response and forensic investigation
- Familiarity with compliance regulations such as GDPR and HIPAA
- Excellent problem-solving and communication abilities
- Graduation/Post-Graduation in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Information Technology or a related field from an established institute.
Evaluate Cybersecurity Specialist skills with Cybersecurity Assessment Tests. Test proficiency in risk assessment, threat detection and response, security architecture, cryptography, and compliance. Use assessments to gauge knowledge and abilities of candidates for better hiring.
Average Pay Scale
Cyber Security Specialists in the United States make an average annual salary of $85,140. To view salaries in your region, filter by location. This salary has been calculated based on 158 anonymous salaries reported from Glassdoor by Cyber Security Specialist workers.
Common Job Titles
- Cybersecurity Specialist: Protecting an organization's entire IT systems is the responsibility of cyber security specialists. To defend against threats and attacks, they identify vulnerabilities in software, hardware, networks, and data centres before creating defensive methods and systems to combat them.
- Information Security Analyst: Responsible for safeguarding an organization's computer networks and data, an information security analyst will devise, implement, upgrade and monitor security measures.
- Security Consultant: Security consultants, sometimes referred to as security analysts, identify weak points in computer networks and software and work to strengthen them against hackers. This type of job represents a highly specialized area within IT.
- Security Engineer: The primary responsibility of a security engineer is to maintain and upgrade an organization's security systems. This could involve setting up new features, performing network and computer upgrades, troubleshooting issues, as well as handling security crises.
- Network Security Engineer: The individual is accountable for protecting an organization's data from external attacks, scanning the network for security flaws, conducting mock assaults to identify weak spots, and creating policies to thwart potential risks.
Ace your hiring game with our comprehensive set of Cybersecurity Interview Questions. Utilize to gain valuable insights and enhance your preparation to best job-fit candidate for your need.