We are hunting for Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) to join our team! Our Oracle Database Administrator wears multiple hats on their projects and is responsible for installing and maintaining the database software, building storage structures, setting up user accounts, troubleshooting faulty applications, producing backups, and regularly managing database security.
You will also be needed to carry out requirements analysis, full life-cycle development of server and client applications, unit testing, and documentation, as well as analyze project requirements and construct the database following client specifications. In addition, the job provides effective centralized database management for many databases worldwide. This comprises Oracle databases for the company's production, testing, and staging environments.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Install, configure, and maintain Oracle databases.
- In charge of developing and implementing database backups and disaster recovery strategies.
- Optimize database performance by fine-tuning database settings.
- Troubleshoot and resolve database-related issues to contribute to continuous improvements.
- Develop, implement, and manage database security policies and procedures to guarantee a seamless and successful flow of activities.
- Work closely with team members to guarantee database operation and integrity.
- Introduce and deploy new database technology.
- Maintain database reports, visualizations, and dashboards to help existing workflows.
- Interact with clients to comprehend, design, assess, and analyze customers' wants and requirements and provide technical experience in developing technical, structural, and organizational specifications.
- Assess the suitability of data for storage and the best way to organize storage.
- Creates, builds, and integrates complex database systems for internal and external users/clients.
- Defines, documents, and implements standards and complicated models to monitor and improve the database's capacity and performance.
- Complex programs are coded, and logical processes are derived on technological platforms.
- Develops and monitors the implementation of test application code in client-server settings to ensure that software adheres to build management guidelines.
- Maintains knowledge of and assesses new and developing technologies and tools for field application
- Reduce database downtime and control parameters to ensure quick query responses.
- Ensure SLAs and operational KPIs are fulfilled, collaborating with internal and external support departments as needed when large events occur.
Requirements and Skills
- Proficiency in SQL and SQL server tools
- Advanced understanding of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring requirements
- Modeling of relational and dimensional data
- PowerShell and Unix shell scripting abilities are required.
- Impeccable attention to detail, excellent mathematics, and statistical expertise
- Strong written and oral communication abilities
- Bachelor's degree in IT or a similar discipline
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows Server infrastructures
- Thorough understanding of database technologies (MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL Oracle, MongoDB)
- Must have a DoD Secret Clearance with SSBI or be able to get one.
- Knowledge of Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), ASM, and Active Data Guard.
- Prior knowledge of DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third-party tools is required.
- Extensive knowledge of database standards and end-user applications and the ability to translate capacity needs into infrastructure deployment technologies.
Efficiently evaluate Oracle Database Administrator skills using our Oracle assessments. Assess the proficiency of candidates in managing and optimizing Oracle databases through our comprehensive testing platform.
The salary of an Oracle Database Administrator varies depending on the experience, geographical region, and organization. Oracle Database Administrator's average salary in the United States is nearly $125,461 per year. In the United Kingdom, Oracle Database Administrator earns nearly £45,149 per year, almost close to 12 Lakhs in India.
Common Oracle Database Administrator Job Titles
The most common careers in Oracle Database Administrator include the following roles.
- Senior Oracle Database Administrator: In charge of installing, configuring, maintaining, and performing critical Oracle databases.
- Oracle Database Architect: Responsible for designing, deploying, and maintaining highly scalable Oracle databases and systems.
- Oracle Database Developer: This role requires the developer to create and implement database-driven applications.
- Oracle Database Security Expert: Responsible for building, implementing, and monitoring security protocols for Oracle databases.
- Oracle Database Tuning Specialist: Responsible to optimize the performance of Oracle databases.
- Oracle Database Backup and Recovery Expert: In charge of creating, managing, and testing backup and recovery solutions for Oracle databases.
- Oracle Database Migration Specialist: This role requires specialists to monitor databases from one platform to another.
- Oracle Database Consultant: Responsible for offering expert advice and guidance to clients on Oracle database architecture and implementation.
Explore our Oracle DBA Online Test to assess and enhance your skills in the field of Oracle database administration.